Circus Workshop Parties
- The format is approximately as follows: -
- There will be a ‘stand-up show’, to demonstrate the use of the equipment (with some children participating in this) To ‘get warmed-up’ we do Body Balancing. Which is great fun for the entire group. (Can they stand on one leg with their eyes closed? etc.).
- We start off by getting the Children to check their footwear and clothing (tucking in & removing if necessary) to ensure that they are safe. (Sensible shoes and no loose clothing should be recommended).
- The whole group are then taught as one – First with the Balancing of ‘Peacock Feathers’, followed by juggling ‘Bug Beanbags’, then ‘Scarves’ and ‘Spinning Plates’.
- These Skills are interspersed with ‘Games’ involving the use of the equipment…
- They are then split into groups and directed to the ‘Stations’ of Equipment and after a set amount of time, they are swapped to the next ‘Station’ and so on.
- Finally the Children are given ‘Free Time’ to pick out ‘The Equipment’ they were most ‘successful with’ - in order to participate in a ‘Circus Parade’, where they have the opportunity to demonstrate some of their skills (optional).
- Here is a list of the equipment: -
- Unicycles, Peddle Goes, (wacky racers), Scarves, Fun wheels, Hula-hoops, Hand held stilts, Poi, Cup stilts, Spinning plates,, Skipping ropes, Jump jumpers, Feathers, Diablo’s, Juggling balls, Juggling clubs, Devil sticks, Rings
- Can also include Giant Bubbles and Fire show at an extra cost.
- Some Equipment may be omitted due to safety.
- Cost: - 2 Hours from £165 + Travel